The web design company of your dreams
There are a number of key points you need to consider when you are searching for the right people to create your website vision.
- Very simply – do you get on with them, find them approachable and feel you can work closely with them?
- Do they have the experience you need and can they show you examples of work that match your requirements?
- Do they provide a well rounded and cohesive service which will continue long after the website is finished?
- Are they up to speed with the latest technology and offer user tracking technolgy?
- Do they know how to build a responsive web site that is mobile friendly?
Your website design company needs to be one you feel you can trust and one which makes you feel like you are a part of the process. You will get a feeling for this from the beginning of your interactions with them. However you may also want to consider the following:
- Have they offered you a good price for what they are providing and been very clear about what it includes? Is the hosting included?
- Are you dealing with one main person who will become your point of contact? This gives you a sense of trust and continuity. It is important, especially in larger design firms.
- Be clear on your requirements to ensure the relationship stays on a good footing. You should research your needs and be able to communicate them clearly to the company. It is a two way street.
Your website design company needs to have specific experience in your field or in the type of website you need. You should ask for examples of websites which are currently running so you can see exactly how they work and how easily they are navigated. In particular pay attention to different formats such as mobile and tablet platforms. Your website needs to work across all media.
That said – do bear in mind that a new company may be a cost effective solution. They will be keen to have a showcase of work to show future clients and will work hard for you. It may be a slower process, but it might work out for you in the end.
What happens next?
So your website design company has provided a great looking website, the content is in place and you wonder....what next? Any good designer will be able to explain to you how your website is being picked up by search engines such as Google, what types of SEO have been included and how to maintain this aspect, how to add content to your site if you wish and how the site management system works.
Most of all they should offer you an ongoing service structure designed to allow you to receive updates, make changes, add or reduce the number of pages and so on. If you are confident to do this yourself, all well and good. But many business owners need ongoing support.
Finding the right website design company doesn't have to be a difficult process. It is simply a matter of having the right set of questions to ask. Hopefully this has pointed you in the right direction. Did you find this post helpful?
We would love to hear your views or answer any questions you may have, not to mention how much we would enjoy if you shared it on your Twitter, Facebook or Google+.